Monday, April 18, 2016

Learning and Sharing Opportunities in Teaching FCIL Research

The AALL Annual Meeting is fast approaching and in my role as the Chair of the FCIL-SIS-Teaching Foreign & Int’l Legal Research Interest Group, I'm reach out with this brief survey to all those who are interested in learning or sharing about teaching Foreign and International Legal Research.

We have some time during the FCIL-SIS-Teaching Foreign & Int’l Legal Research Interest Group meeting time slot at AALL, but I would also like to create opportunities for people to learn and share throughout the year as well

There are many ways that you can learn and share. One of the resources that I relied on heavily when I was first teaching FCIL research was the FCIL Syllabi and Course Material Database. Other information dense materials include Innovations in Teaching FCIL 2013 and Marci Hoffman & Mary Rumsey's International and Foreign Legal Research, A Coursebook. Second Edition.

One idea that excites me is that of creating a PechaKucha style 6 minute talk with images and recording it to be posted online either on our FCIL website, or on our Blog, DipLawMatic Dialogues.

I'm sure many of you have ideas about formats for learning and sharing throughout the year or at AALL, and I'd love to hear about them. I'd also love to know what topics interest you. So I've created a survey to gather information.

Please complete this brief survey on learning and sharing about Teaching FCIL Research, as soon as it is convenient for you. It will take roughly 5 minutes

(maybe more if you have a lot of ideas to share with me)

Thank You!

No comments: